Trip to Paris!

16:35


As some of you may already know, I will be embarking on a long awaited trip to Paris on Monday which I am extremely excited about! This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and when I finished my business course this year I decided to go for it and book somewhere to stay.

My main reason for going is to visit the many patisseries the city has to offer such as Laduree, Pierre Herme and Arnaud Larher. I can't wait to try a real Parisian macaron alongside one of those super-thick hot chocolates that everyone talks about. (I call it market research !). I will of course be visiting some of the main tourist sites inbetween going in and out pastry shops all day, whilst taking photos and writing as I go.

My aim is to visit as many patisseries/boulangeries/chocolatiers as I can and try out the some of the many delights each has to offer. Throughout the week I hope to update my progress through my blog and share my experiences with you all (provided I am able to connect to the internet without any problems!).

If any of you have ever been to Paris before and can give me any tips/advice about where to go, what to do or what to eat then please let me know, I will be grateful for any information you can share.

Although I do not have a set out plan for my trip, the past few months I have been doing my research on the city by reading various travel guides and a wonderful little book called The Patisseries of Paris which I thoroughly recommend if you want to know all the places to go! As well as books, I have also been looking at some of my favourite Paris-related blogs - Paris Patisseries and David Lebovitz - two fantastic sites which contain a wealth of information, reviews and advice for anyone wanting to visit the city with an interest in food.

I will be travelling alone, and I can't decide whether I'm nervous or excited (50/50 I think!) but I know it will be a fantastic experience and I intend to make the most of every moment!
I hope to update my blog daily so keep reading and wish me luck!

Claire x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images