Paris Patisseries: Un Dimanche a Paris

11:48

Today, my last day in Paris, I managed to find Un Dimanche a Paris. Again this is a patisserie that I read about on Paris Patisseries, and it is in Adam's top 12 patisseries in Paris so I was expecting something good!



When I arrived, I was very pleased to see that they also had a salon de the, as it was a rainy miserable day and I was in need of a hot drink and something sweet (no surprise there!). After 3pm, the cafe/restaurant serves just hot drinks, pastries and chocolates-perfect!


I was rather unsure as to what to have, so I opted for 'le cafe gourmand' which was a selection of 4 small pastries with coffee. I was looking forward to seeing what petit fours I would get, and when they I arrived I couldn't wait to get started!


The four little sweets were a pate aux fruits (fruit jelly), lemon meringue tart, macaron and a moelleux au chocolat (chocolate fondant cake). I thought I'd save the best until last so I started with the pate aux fruits and finished with the cake!


The pate was soft, sweet and flavoursome- I couldn't quite work out if it was mango or passion fruit but when I asked I was told it was orange- ha! (I'm sure I could taste a tropical fruit...). Next I moved on to the lemon tart. The disc of pate sable pastry was crisp and unsweetened, the lemon curd tangy and lemony (always good). Inbetween the lemon and meringue was a thin white disc. Upon my first bite I realised that this was actually white chocolate, and its sweet and creamy taste took the edge of the sharpness of the lemon. Very nice.


The macaron was a bright pink colour and I wondered if it was possibly rose flavour. However, after my first bite I realised that it was either strawberry or raspberry, and by the time I had finished it I concluded that it was raspberry! The macaron had a perfect crisp exterior and a beautifully soft centre. The flavour was immense- really fruity and not tangy (as raspberries can be) but not overly sweet like jam either. I've tasted a few macarons over my trip (including Laduree) and I think this was my favourite so far!


Okay...so now for the one I saved until last, and oh boy I'm glad I did. The cake was nice and weighty and had a lovely chocolatey aroma. It was just what I had expected- a moist chocolate cake with a melting middle- very similar than the one I had yesterday from Arnaud Larher but slightly darker.


Everything was excellent, and I was very impressed. The only problem was, I could have eaten about five times as much, and if I could afford to try every pastry on the menu then I would have!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images