More patisseries: Eric Kayser, Arnaud Delmonter and Stohrer

13:06

I'm here to update you again on a few more sweet treats I tried yesterday, so here goes!

Eric Kayser: Tarte aux Abricots



This is not something I would normally choose in a cake shop and I admit that I did go for it because it was slightly cheaper than some of the others! However, I'm really glad I tried something a bit different as it was absolutely delightful!


The pastry consisted of two layers of moist coconut sponge, sandwiched together with what I believed to be vanilla creme patisserie. It was then topped with apricots in a fruity apricot jelly and finished with an Eric Kayser dark chocolate plaque.


I found it to be deliciously moist and the flavours complimented each other perfectly. As it was fairly light I could have easily eaten another so it was a good job I still had two more pastries to try afterwards!

Arnaud Delmontel: Rose Macaron
Now I am a huge fan of macarons, so I couldn't wait to try out some real parisian ones, and this was my first of the lot.


This macaron looked lovely and colourful smelt strongly of roses (a good sign I guess). The flavour certainly came through upon my first bite. It was as good as I had imagined- a crunchy exterior with an amazingly soft middle.


The filling is a thick fruit puree - possible raspberry but it was hard to tell due to the overall rose flavour which I'm not sure came from the biscuit or the middle! Anyway, the filling was thick and fruity, and the flavour lingered in the mouth for a while afterwards....mm mmm!!

Stohrer: Tigre Cake
I wasn't quite sure what this was when I bought it but it looked cakey and chocolatey so I was bound to like it!


The cake actually felt a little stale and crusty when I picked it up but after the first bite I realised it was dense and moist inside. Infact, the texture was almost brownie like, with a slightly chewy exterior.



 It was dotted with lots of dark chocolate, which melted in the mouth and made the overall flavour very chocolatey. In the center there was also a dollop of dark chocolate ganache which was lucious and really made the overall cake!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. We just returned from a week long Paris visit and came across these by accident. Absolutely hooked :) This is a pic and where we found it.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151660486826625&l=14122ba230

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images