Family Christmas Cake

15:43

I'm calling this post 'family' Christmas cake, simply because it is the cake that me, my mum, dad and sister always have at Christmas time! Last year, my mum decorated our cake on Christmas Eve (see photo below!) but this time I thought I'd save her the hassle so she can put her feet up for a while over the festive period as Tiffin will be closed for 3 days!


As I didn't have too much time on my hands this year, I decided to decorate this years cake with some marzipan fruits I had already made.


I do love making marzipan fruits- they are relatively simple and look really attractive once put together. My fruits included apples, pears, oranges, lemons, peaches and cranberries (which are not tomatoes as my sister and dad seem to think!)


I finished the cake off with a gold ribbon and a little gold dusting on the fruits to give it a really christmassy and magical look. I'm rather happy with the cake, but to be honest I don't really want to cut into it now! However, I'm sure my family will get straight in there, particularly my sister Helen who loves marzipan!


I've been doing a lot of baking and cake decorating recently so it will be nice to have a little break over Christmas...although saying that I'm sure I'll only last a day or two before I get back into the kitchen!
Happy Christmas!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images