Gerard Mulot: A small selection!

13:22

Pastries!


Yesterday I found Gerard Mulot, and I must say it was my favourite patisserie I have visited so far. The shop is quite large and I love the layout- on one end is the boulangerie/viennoiserie and on the other there is the patisserie, plus there are chocolates on the opposite side. It is bright and colourful and the window display is really attractive and very enticing indeed!

Petit Fours

You are spoilt for choice in this shop which certainly makes it rather difficult to decide! I opted for a small selection of petit fours- a coffee eclair, fruit tart, choux chantilly and gateaux opera. On top of this I tried a caramel au beurre sale macaron and a pain aux raisins.

Unfortunately my pastries were a little messy by the time I got them home!


Everything was absolutely delicious and its hard to find words to describe how good it all was! Each miniture pastry was made to perfection- the pastry on the tart thin and crisp, the choux pastry melt in the mouth, the creme patisserie indulgent and creamy, and the gateaux opera moist with the flavours of chocolate and coffee shining through. The pain aux raisins was tender and buttery, and the raisins plump and moist.


Now onto the macaron. Well it was very good- incredibly soft in the middle with a generous amount of filling. The caramel filling had an intense butterscotch flavour, the the saltyness came through as more of an after taste and was not over powering.


I am really impressed with Gerard Mulot's creations and I aspire to be as good as this one day. Infact, it was that good I think I may have to go back for a second visit before I come home!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images