Yaba Daba Doo!

11:39


My Dad is has always quite liked the Flintstones, especially Fred, and I guess they are kind of similar in a funny and immature way! He even once dressed up as Fred for a fancy dress party and my mum joined him as Wilma- they certainly looked the part! To celebrate his birthday this year, I made a Fred Flinstone plaque out of icing to go on his cake.

I had already decided a while ago that I would make Delia's iced lemon curd layer cake for my Dad's birthday as her recipes are usually foolproof and I know my Dad rather likes her homemade lemon curd. The cake is actually made up of four 7" layers of sponge sandwiched together with tangy and buttery tasting lemon curd but I increased the quanities to 8 oz and baked the cakes in four 8" sandwich tins as I am not so good at slicing cakes in half evenly! Being so thin, the mixture didn't take long to cook so I had to be careful not to overbake (one of my bad habits). Luckily the mixture rose well and the each sponge turned out quite level so no trimming was required when assembling the cake!

We all enjoyed the cake but personally I feel it would have been good with another flavour to offset the tangy lemon taste. Next time I may try adding mascarpone between the layers with the lemon curd as I think the two flavours would work well together and it would make the cake just that bit more indulgent!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICARDO! Looking Fly. So is the cake. Big love you cuties xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys, I will tell my Dad! lotsa love! xXx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images