Collet: Pave au Cafe

13:48


Today I found a street with three patisseries all located within a few minutes walk of each other - this was good! One of these was Collet, founded in 1992 by Frederic Collet. I was rather tempted by the the 'Pave au Cafe' so this is what I decided to go for.


The pastry consisted on three thin layers of extremely moist coffee sponge, sandwiched together with a rich and creamy coffee mousse/buttercream. On the top was what I would describe as a layer of florentine - sliced almonds in crunchy caramel. This was then finished with a swirl of delicious caramel icing and a chocolate coffee bean-perfect!


I found it to be fairly dense and moist, and didn't taste overly sweet- possibly due to the slightly bitter coffee flavour. This was definetely a good choice, and I could have eaten another!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images