Another birthday :)

15:43

I love it when someones birthday comes around. It's so lovely to give somebody you love a gift that you have made and decorated yourself, especially when you see the delight and surprise on their face.
This month, it was my boss's birthday, and as I have made her a cake for both her two previous birthdays, I thought I better live up to her expectations! Last year she was quite impressed with the cake I made, and at the time I was also quite proud of what I had done. However, this year I really wanted to out-do the last so I put my thinking cap on and came up with an idea for a nature themed cake. My inspiration for this cake came from the one I made my sister this year for her birthday, plus, I had lots of blue icing left over from the Superman cake I made in June!
Because I have little cutters in butterfly, heart and flower shapes, this was actually a quite simple cake to make- just time consuming! Underneath all the blue icing is a victoria sponge cake with raspberry jam and butter icing- always a winner! Everyone at work was impressed and I even managed to show off my work to a few customers :) I still need to work on my piping technique as it is quite messy, but I know I'll get it perfect eventually!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images