Rainbow Cake!

17:47


Hooray! It is officially Spring, the season I have been eagerly awaiting is finally here! Here's to beautiful blue skies, bright yellow daffodils, luscious green foliage (love that word), and golden sunshiney days....for the most part I hope!

Spring noun
'the season after winter and before summer, in which vegetation begins to appear, in the northern hemisphere from March to May and in the southern hemisphere from September to November.'
"in spring the garden is a feast of blossom" - Oxford Dictionary

Yes, Spring is definitely my favourite season, and to celebrate, I made my first rainbow cake- yay! I just bought these new Wilton cake tins from Lakeland and I've been dying to test them out, so this was the perfect reason to do so.


The set contains five tins, and although each one is quite small, it does allow you to make a rather tall cake- enough to feed a few hungry cake lovers! I chose a basic Victoria sandwich cake recipe, and divided the mixture into five separate bowls to create the colours red, yellow, orange, green and purple. I used my Sugarflair colour pastes, which are fantastic, but I wasn't quite able to achieve the desired effect I had in mind- I think more paste will be needed next time for a stronger colour!


I made a vanilla butter icing for the filling, as I knew that the whiteness of this icing would contrast wonderfully with the vibrant colours. Cream cheese icing could also work well, as a slightly tangy, less sweet alternative- give it a go!


Overall I'm fairly pleased with my first attempt at this cake, and I'm certainly looking forward to making many more layer cakes with my new tins- ideas please!?

Claire x

www.claire-elizabeth.co.uk



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images