Banoffee Bliss!

16:12


I've made banoffee pie, banoffee cheesecake and banoffee ice cream before so I thought, why not try making a banoffee cake? I actually made this for a friends birthday, as she once told me how much she likes banana cake. Banana cake on its own would have been a bit boring for a birthday cake, so I filled it with cream cheese icing and caramel sauce to make a truly indulgent cake.


I took the recipe for the sponge from the BBC Good Food website (www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1998/sticky-toffee-banoffee-cake) as the recipes on there are all tried and tested so are hopefully less likely to go wrong! I found that the cake didn't rise that much and was quite heavy due to the bananas but it did turn out beautifully spongy and moist-always a good sign! I sweetened the cream cheese with just a smidgen of icing sugar as I felt there was enough sweetness in the caramel sauce to contrast with this. To make the cake look really pretty, I finished it off by cutting out little hearts out of homemade fudge which was fiddly but worth the effort :)



Unfortunately for Georgia, we all embarrased her at work today by getting the whole shop (including customers) to sing happy birthday to her. However, I think she took it all quite well and was happy with her cake. I don't know what her verdict is yet on taste but hopefully I will find out at work tomorrow!

Happy 18th Georgia!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images