Cinnamon swirl biscuits

16:21

I'm trying to be a bit more adventurous and come up with some new ideas of things I could make. One of my ideas was to incorporate the popular pastries, cinnamon swirls, into a biscuit. I thought I could make a batch of plain shortbread, plus a batch of cinnamon shortbread and roll them up together to create a swirly shape. I gave this a go, which was quite difficult to do as shortbread is, well, 'short' and the dough tends to break easily when rolled up. However, I managed to mend the cracks and cut the shortbread 'log' into slices which looked pretty cool :) I chilled the dough well before baking but unfortunately they still lost their shape a little while baking, so didn't look as perfect when they came out of the oven! I drizzled the baked biscuits with cinnamon glace icing, as I can't resist a bit of icing!
They were very tasty and went down very well with everyone so I would make them again. It wasn't until after making them that I realised than cinnamon swirl cookies aren't actually that original as there are tons of recipes on the internet ! Nevermind, I thought it was a cool idea at the time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images