little and big bakewell tarts :)

15:43

I've been wanting to have a go at making bakewell tarts for a while, and as I had some leftover frangipan mixture in the fridge I thought I'd try making some mini ones in a small tart pan that my mum has. It was quite difficult to do this as I didn't really have the right size pastry cutter and I slightly over-filled them which meant there was less space for the icing-boo hoo! They are not as neat as I would have liked them to be, but for a first attempt I think they are quite cute :)

It was very time consuming making the mini tarts, so I also made two larger ones and decorated them slightly differently with pink icing, an idea I got from the BBC Good Food website. Finally, I added little pink sugar stars for a finishing touch :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images