Apricot and almond tarts

15:57

I had some leftover pastry in the fridge so this Sunday I decided to make a twist on the cherry bakewell tart. I thought almonds and apricot would be a great combination, but I also added marzipan to the tarts for an extra surprise! I put a teaspoon of apricot jam in the bottom of each pastry round, then cut out a small piece of marzipan to cover the jam. Finally I topped this with frangipan and flaked almonds. I was quite happy with how they turned out but unfortunately they just were not sweet enough for me! Next time I will definitely add more jam and marzipan! However, I'm glad I tried something new, and I have lots of new ideas for other things I want to try in the future. Watch this space! :) x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images