caramel crumbs!

15:44

I am always looking for an excuse to bake and help launch my business plans so when I get a request to make cakes for somebody I'm very happy to oblige! On Sunday my sister's boyfriend asked if I could make him something 'cakey'. He requested that I make individual chocolate apple betty tarts (an adaptation I made on Nigel Slaters chocolate apply betty pudding) and possibly a banoffee pie. However, instead of banoffee pie, I thought I'd tried something new. The other week I came across 'gooey caramel butter bars' on Sweet Treats baking blog which looked oh so tempting so I had to try baking something similar! I'm not sure we have caramel candies here in the UK so I found a recipe in Leith's baking bible for 'coffee struesel bars' which sounded quite similar and I missed out the coffee to make caramel struesel bars-simple! I've decided to call them caramel crumb bars as I think this sounds better :) Anyway, this was the result-let me know what you think!

Above are the chocolate apple betty tarts before and after baking. Unfortunatly I slightly burnt the chocolate chips but they still turned out pretty well, and my sisters boyfriend said they were 'exquisite' !
To see where I got the idea for the caramel crumb slice, visit http://sweettreatsbakingblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/gooey-caramel-butter-bars.html

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images