more cupcakes!

16:11

I used to kind of loathe the whole cupcake thing. It's become a bit of a fashion and everybody seems to be cashing in on the idea because people love the cute and pretty look they have about them. I'm quite stubborn and I told myself that I wouldn't get drawn into this craze but already I have given in as I've been cupcake making again this weekend! I received a cupcake recipe book for christmas and after realising how good they taste I think I'll be baking a lot more in the future! I thought they were just small versions of normal cakes but I was wrong-they do have a different sort of taste and texture that is rather addictive! Today I tried out cherry and marzipan cupcakes and banoffee cupcakes-yummy!


The banoffee cupcakes contained sour cream (I used creme fraiche) and mashed banana which made them lovely and moist- a very important factor for me! For a finishing touch, I cut out star shapes from hobnobs- not the best biscuit for cutting shapes (too crumbly) but it was all we had in the biscuit tin!
Overall they were really sweet and quite sickly-probably because I added my own homemade fudge to the mixture and topped them with plenty of rich caramel butter icing! However, they were pretty perfect for my sweet tooth :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images