15:37


First bake of the year- lemon sponge sandwich!
Unfortunatly I feel as if I've been rather restricted from baking since the festive period ended. Our house has been overloaded with chocolates, mince pies, biscuits and various left-over puddings so it seems there has been a 'baking ban' until everything has been eaten! However, I'm now feeling quite fed up of mince pies, and only the boring chocolates are left (yes, mainly toffee pennys) so I think it's time for something new. And what better than a moist lemon sponge filled with homemade lemon curd and topped with a tangy lemon icing-delicious!

I used a recipe adapted from Leith's Baking Bible and drizzled the freshly baked sponge with a lemon sugar syrup to keep it extra moist. I added marzipan flowers as a finishing touch-they match the colour of the lemon curd pretty well I think!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images