candles and cake!

15:37


I've always had a sweet tooth. Although having being brought up on my mum's homemade cakes, it's easy to see why. Mum started her own cake decorating business when I was five and every year on my birthday I would receive an amazingly crafted cake oozing with butter icing and smothered in sickly sweet icing. For me, the best thing about birthdays is the cake. In fact, every time I smell a 'just blown out' candle my mouth starts watering because of the association it brings!

And birthdays were not the only time I was lucky enough to taste such baked goods. Mum would always have something sweet for me and my sister after school- giant fairy cakes with generous amounts of butter icing, chewy flapjacks that made your teeth stick together and fruity slices of loaf cake spread with lashings of butter. At this time I was mainly interesting in the 'eating' part...I never knew I'd be any good at baking- the best thing I made at school was 'no cook' refrigerator cake-not exactly rocket science to make! But more recently I have developed a love for baking. Baking is now my passion, my energy, my life! And I thank my mum for the skills she has passed on to me.

I've decided to start this blog to keep a track of my baking and to share my ideas and hopefully inspire all of you out there who like the sweeter things in life like me!

Enjoy :)


Claire x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Life is sweet when you have cakes and biscuits on hand, I say good luck Claire-a-belle's! Long may you bring sweetness into many lives :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images