Chocolate ginger nuts

12:10

I bought some lovely 72% cocoa dark chocolate the other day so I thought I'd make good use of it by using it as a coating for biscuits. I thought dark chocolate would combine beautifully with ginger so I got out Leith's baking bible and found a recipe for ginger nuts- small crunchy biscuits flavoured with the spicyness of ground ginger. These biscuits are made by the melting method ie. the butter sugar and syrup are melted together before adding the flour. I placed small balls of the dough onto a baking sheet because I thought they would easily spread whilst baking-which they did! All in all this was a very easy recipe that gave good results but next time I might try adding chopped crystallised ginger for an extra kick!
The butterflies pictured here are shortbread half coated in luxury white chocolate and very indulgent they were! I stuck to using my normal shortbread recipe from Leith's baking bible which uses both plain flour and ground rice to give a lovely crumbly texture. I always like to finish my shortbread with a sprinkling of caster sugar as the biscuits themselves are not overly sweet and you can't go wrong with a bit of extra sugar!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images