Butterscotch cake

11:58

My sister's boyfriend Rabbi turned 21 this year and she organised an amazing suprise party for him after all his exams were over. Although I was already planning to make him a cake for his party (see posts to come!) I couldn't help but bake him a little cake for his actual birthday. As I know he has quite a sweet tooth like me, I decided to make a butterscotch cake as a change to the traditional victoria sponge. After quick search on google I came across a recipe on the channel four website taken from Delicious magazine. It was actually quite similar to a classic victoria sponge recipe but with some of the caster sugar substituted for light brown sugar.
I had some my homemade fudge in the freezer so I actually grated some of this into the batter to give the cake extra butterscotch flavour. For the filling I made fudge butter icing, a recipe from my mum's old Be-Ro baking book. I then topped the cake with a butterscotch sauce and mini cubes of fudge for the final touch- yum!
Unfortunatly I was not there to give Rabbi his cake personally, but I do know he enjoyed it and even shared it with others- generous!

To get the recipe for the sponge, click here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images