The White Rabbit Teahouse

12:07


Last week my mum and my friend Jo took me for afternoon tea at the White Rabbit, a small teahouse in Nottingham city centre. The teahouse provides homemade cakes and light lunches, along with tea and coffee all served in traditional china.
Ok so the coffee wasn't served in china....


The place was rather busy when we arrived, and did feel a little crampt, but it was cosy and the owner was very welcoming. After a quick scan of the menu, we all decided to order the homemade scones with butter and jam as Jo had already informed us that they are very good. 


The large triangular scones arrived presented nicely on a glass cake stand, and were accompanied by strawberry jam and butter. On cutting into my scone, I found that it was very crumbly and short, and slightly warm to give that 'freshly baked' feel. Unfortunately I did find it to be a little dry and I wondered whether maybe these were yesterdays scones? However, with lots of jam and butter they were still rather tasty, just not the best I have eaten (my mum's scones still rule!).

Can you spot the rabbit?





Overall, my visit to the White Rabbit was a pleasurable experience- good coffee, friendly staff and a homely atmosphere. If you're looking for somewhere different in Nottingham to stop off for coffee and cake, I certainly recommend a trip to this cosy little tearoom. For more information and directions, click here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images