Happy Halloween!

17:09


Yes it's that time of year again when the ghouls come out (or maybe just the trick or treaters) and some of us celebrate this freakish occasion. For me, its just another great excuse to bake some goodies along with the theme. This year - cupcakes and gingerbread people!


I opted for plain and simple (but still delicious) vanilla cupcakes with a raspberry jam filling, and chocolate cupcakes. To keep with the spooky theme I made bat and pumpkin decorations out of icing and marzipan to top the cakes, and baked them in some halloween cupcake cases.


I went for the scary look rather than the gory look - I have seen some rather disgusting looking halloween cakes which really don't look too good to eat and I'm pleased to say that mine still look rather appetising with these decorations!


Rather than making standard gingerbread people, I dressed them up to look like witches and wizards, but good ones of course! I think they look kinda cute when placed next to each other, what do you think?


I've never really celebrated halloween in a big way, but it's always nice get in the spirit anyway! I prefer to stay in, carve a pumpkin and watch episodes of Buffy (of which I am still a huge fan!). Unfortunately this year I didn't manage to get a pumpkin so instead I made something rather more exciting...stay tuned for details on that coming soon!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images