Cornflake Cookies

15:34


Whenever we have a box of cornflakes in the cereal cupboard, I always get a strange urge to bake something using them. I guess I do have a very fond liking of homemade cornflake cakes so I am always tempted to make a batch of these. However, they tend to go stale after a day which would mean I would have to eat them all in one go and my dentist would not be very happy! Instead, I decided to make a batch of cornflake cookies using a recipe I took from baking bites. I thought this recipe was quite unsual as it contained both butter and vegetable oil. I have never made a biscuit which uses oil before so I was curious to know how the baked cookie would turn out. To these cookies I also threw in some chocolate chips as I know cornflakes and chocolate are a good combination!


The resulting texture of the cookies was amazing. They were incredibly crumbly and had a shortbread-like melt in the mouth deliciousness but with an added crunch from the cornflakes. To me they are 'biscuits' rather than cookies as I believe that biscuits are crunchy and cookies have a chewyness about them. Either way, these biscuits were a winner and I'll definetely add them to my recipe list to make again in the future- yum!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images