Pink Leopard Cake

17:43


Hi all!

I wanted to share with you one of my latest cake designs, and it's a rather girly one today! This bespoke cake was created for young Anoushka, who not surprisingly, likes leopards and the colour pink - funny that! I LOVE doing funky designs such as this, as the end result is always exciting and eye-catching - perfect for parties! 


The cake was iced with sugar paste, that I coloured with pink Sugarflair colour paste- remember that a small amount of this stuff can go a long way depending on the intensity of colour you are aiming for. To create the leopard print effect, I used black colour paste to paint on the spots with a fine brush. I find this method allows you to do a more intricate and detailed design than cut-out fondant patterns, and painting is rather therapeutic don't ya know!


The leopard was also modelled from the pink sugar paste, and again finished with a little edible paint work! When creating your own cake toppers, it really helps if you have an image of the animal/person/object you are attempting to re-create, or even better, a model- teddy bears and soft toys are brilliant for this (of which I have A LOT)!
I personalised the cake with a simple 'Happy Birthday' message, name and age, all done in cut out black fondant to match the theme.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with this one and I can feel that there will be more animal-themed cakes to come in the near future!

Any questions? Post them in the comments below as I love to hear from you!

Until next time...

Claire x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images