Chocolate hazelnut fudge (sort of)

13:07

Now I say this is a 'sort of' fudge as it actually began as chocolate icing for a cake. I had a little excess icing and rather than just eating it as I normally would (terrible I know) I thought I'd make something useful (although I'll now just be eating it in a different form so I guess that's not any better!)



Anyway, all I did was cook the icing a bit further so that it would set properly once cool, which worked okay even though it is a little overdone and hence crumbled when I tried to cut it- oops! I oven roasted whole hazelnuts which gives them a glorious golden brown colour and really enhances the flavour, which I then roughly chopped and stirred into the fudge.



As delicious as this is (I just love the combination of nuts and chocolate) I may stick to an actual recipe for fudge next time as I feel the texture just isn't quite right. I'm already thinking about what other flavours I could try.....

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oooo these look so good right about now!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images