Valentines Gifts

16:17


Valentines Day- an occasion that I've always looked forward to- with high hopes of receiving a valentines card- only to be let down on the day when I didn't receive any! Nevertheless, I still like to get into the romantic spirit, and what better way to do that than getting in the kitchen for a bit of baking!


One of my favourite things to make are my love bears- an all butter shortbread biscuit that I half-coat in milk chocolate and decorate with cut-out icing hearts. I really enjoy making biscuits - I think the whole mixing, rolling, shaping, chilling, baking and decorating process is quite relaxing and actually rather therapeutic!


Shortbread does tend to be a bit fragile, and so half-coating the underside of the biscuits in chocolate is a great way to strengthen it and reduce the likelihood of breakages (plus the whole shortbread-chocolate combination is really scrummy!) Once I'd decorated my bears, I packaged them in cellophane bags tied with a pretty matching ribbon, which I think makes them a perfect gift for anybody.



I also decorated some individual rich fruit cakes in the Valentines theme by making red marzipan roses, pink icing bows and by cutting outs lots of little love hearts! I think my favourite of the three is the pink bow cake, as it looks like a little present just waiting to be opened (and eaten yum!). What do you think?



So whatever you might be doing this Valentines Day, please do make sure you treat your loved one (even if that may be yourself!).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images