Favourite Cookies

11:48


I call these cookies 'favourite cookies' because whenever I make a batch, everyone just seems to love them! Infact, I'm often quite suprised that my family and friends tend to choose these cookies over other treats I have made in the past such as brownies and cupcakes. I guess chocolate chip cookies are a firm favourite with most people and appeal to both children and adults alike. They make a great 'anytime' snack whether for morning coffee, afternoon tea or midnight munchies!


The recipe I use gives a soft cookie with a slightly crisp edge. For chewier cookies I use a different recipe which cotains egg and more sugar- this type of cookie spreads more, resulting in a thinner cookie with a chewy texture. Both types of cookie are good- it just depends on what you fancy. What is important for me is that the cookie has a soft or chewy centre, rather than a crunchy/crisp texture, as is the case for biscuits. My test for a good cookie is to break it in half- if it bends then it is a true cookie, if it snaps then it is a biscuit!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images