My new addiction....iced biscuits!

16:41


Last month I decided to have a go at practicing my piping technique by making some iced biscuits for mothers day. I admire the beautiful iced biscuits other people create but I have always thought to myself, surely they are just too much hastle to make? I find that making royal icing can be quite a pain, let alone having to colour it and use various piping bags and tubes to create the desired design. Nevertheless, the biscuits that I have seen on other peoples' blogs do look lovely and I really wanted to atleast try and have a go myself. I dug out some spring themed cookie cutters that I bought last year and got started on making some simple butter biscuits- a Nigella recipe that she claims are biscuits that have a buttery taste and hold their shape during baking. I made butterfly and flower shapes- pretty and feminine- perfect for any mother!


Luckily I had some royal icing already made up so all I had to do was make a few different colours and get piping! Once I got started, I was pleasantly suprised at how addictive icing biscuits actually is. I found myself getting quite carried away and before I knew it, several hours had passed! I am really happy with the finished biscuits, and I'm so glad a had a go. Infact, I think I'm on a bit of a roll, as I even decided to make some Easter themed ones. Do you like?





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images