A few birthday cakes from this year so far!

11:56

Unfortunately I did not have time earlier on in the year to blog about everything that I was baking and so this week, now that I have a little free time on my hands, I'm taking the opportunity to update you all on some of the cakes you have missed!

The first one was a cake I did was for my old piano teacher Christine, whose son turned 18 in January. It was a little bit of a struggle deciding on a theme for this one as my first instructions were 'a plain 12" square cake with happy birthday Eddie in blue'. However, as you may have noticed, I don't usually do plain! Luckily Christine managed to talk Eddie round into having some sort of design on the cake, and as he plays tennis, this is the theme we decided to go for!


I did the tennis court using run-out and made the tennis player out of icing, along with the racket and ball. I felt that the cake wouldn't be quite complete without some decoration around the sides so I made little tennis balls out of icing and dotted these around the edge of the cake.
Christine was thrilled with the cake, and although Eddie didn't show it, I think he secretly liked it too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images